It’s time for some all American apple pie!
- 4 gala apples
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/3 cup pecans (optional)
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbs apple juice
- Whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 350. Combine oats and pecans with a sprinkle of cinnamon. Spread out on a baking sheet in a thin layer and bake for 4-6 minutes until golden and toasted. Remove and set aside. Reduce oven temp to 325.
- Rinse and core the apples, but make sure not to cut through the bottom of the apple. You can use an apple corer or a paring knife. Make sure seeds are removed as well (scoop out with spoon)
- In a bowl combine oat-pecan mixture with brown sugar, yogurt , melted butter and cinnamon. Spoon mixture into the cavity of each apple. Place apples in an 8X8 inch baking dish. Pour apple juice in the bottom of dish.
- Bake at 325 for 30-40 minutes until tender (not mushy). Top with whipped cream or ice cream and serve.